[Dunder-users] /nobackup/rossby9 + /nobackup/smhid4

Per Lundqvist perl at nsc.liu.se
Mon Jun 4 16:42:10 CEST 2007

We have now found that the problems with /nobackup/rossby9 and
/nobackup/smhid4 are related to a hardware component on one server. We are
currently pushing both filesystems onto tape (rossby9 is finished, smhid4
progressing), and will will replace the faulty hardware component as soon
as the tape transfer is finished. You will be notified with at least 24
hours notice before we take both filesystems offline again to perform the
switch. This operation will then take a couple of days to perform, since
we will recreate these filesystems, and pull the contents back from tapes
again. You will receive more information about this later.

We have now investigated the consistency of the filesystems and know of
two directories on /nobackup/rossby9 that have to be investigated further,
possibly affecting 2 users that already have been informed. But since it
is impossible for us to _guarantee_ that the remaining files are correct,
we advise you all to, if possible, verify your files yourself (for missing
files, wrong attributes, etc.).

/Per

--
Per Lundqvist