[Dunder-users] rossby9+smhid4 unavailable from tomorrow

Peter Kjellstrom cap at nsc.liu.se
Thu Jun 7 14:59:05 CEST 2007

Short version: I'd like to start the restore with shorter notice than promised
earlier. If this is a problem, tell me and I'll delay the restore until
monday.

Dunder and Tornado users,

The transfer of rossby9 and smhid4 to tape is now almost complete. No further
problems have been encountered. The next step is to unmount, recreate and
restorte the filesystems. This process will take about a week and _no access
will be possible_ until the restore has completed (warning, rought estimate,
restoring 18 TiB of data is not something we do every day...).

Since I forgot about the 24h notice promised earlier I'd be forced to delay
beginning the restore until monday. Guessing that many/most/all of you would
prefer a shorter notice if this wins you two days I'm proposing to start the
restore early tomorrow (~18h notice). If this is a problem for you just reply
to this and say so and the restore will start monday morning.

/Peter K

  Peter Kjellström               | E-mail: cap at nsc.liu.se
  National Supercomputer Centre  |
  Sweden                         | http://www.nsc.liu.se