[Dunder-users] Dunder problems

Johan Raber raber at nsc.liu.se
Mon Nov 3 16:37:09 CET 2008

Dear Users of Dunder,

A stopgap solution to remedy the problems we have experienced have now been
applied, i.e. we have reverted to the old (stable) version of the operating
system on the compute nodes.

We believe the problems we have been seeing over the last couple of days
was caused by the new OS kernel we installed last week and consequently we
reverted to the old OS-setup, while keeping some of the lower level
upgrades (BIOS, firmware), as these seem to be OK.

For You this means that the cluster is ready to be used, and you can now
submit jobs again. We are sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused
you. It also means that the OS upgrade will have to be postponed to a later
date, but we will get back to you on that.

Best Regards

Johan Raber

--
Johan Raber, PhD