[Gimle-users] Re: [DTG-users] Re: Service stop on Dunder, Tornado and Gimle: Nov 27, 08:00 CET

kent at nsc.liu.se kent at nsc.liu.se
Mon Nov 24 15:24:53 CET 2008

Per Lundqvist <perl at nsc.liu.se> writes:
> (sending a reminder of the stop that occurs this Thursday on Dunder,
> Gimle and Tornado)
>

> Announcement
>
> On Thursday Nov 27, 08:00 CET, there will be a full service stop on Dunder
> Tornado and Gimle. The purpose of this stop is for regular maintenance of
> the servers that serves all the network file systems available on Dunder,
> Tornado and Gimle.

As you have seen from Per's announcement, this affects Gimle too.

I would also like to remind you that the scheduling reservation in place
(the horizontal yellow bar on http://www.nsc.liu.se/cgi-bin/gimlestatus)
restricts the length of jobs you can schedule before the stop. If, for
example, you submit a four day job today, it will be scheduled to run
after the service stop.

NOTE: If you do not give the "-t" flag to sbatch or interactive, the
default wall-time (also the max wall-time) 6*24 hours is assumed.
Nobody knows better than yourself what a relevant wall-time limit for
your job or interactive session is, so make it a habit to include a "-t"
flag!

The available time formats are specified in the man page for sbatch:

--
Kent Engström, NSC
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444