[Gimle-users] Twentyfour new Nehalem nodes available on Gimle

KentEngström kent at nsc.liu.se
Tue Feb 23 15:39:16 CET 2010

Dear Gimle Users,

today we took the latest delivery of 24 new Nehalem nodes into service
on Gimle: n[201-208,305-320] (OK, what we really did was to take
n[305-328] into service, but then we swapped n[201-208] and n[321-328]
between Bore and Gimle).

The 24 new nodes are to be divided between rossby (18 nodes) and sm_foup
(6 nodes), as decided earlier and confirmed at the latest site meeting.

However, Magnus Lindskog has asked me to add 3 nodes each to the rossby
and sm_fouo node limits initially, to make sure that the sm_foup nodes
are not wasted. He will coordinate with the other groups to make sure
that sm_foup have nodes when they need to run tests, and will tell us
when this temporary situation ends.

Enjoy the new nodes, and as always, send email to
smhi-support at nsc.liu.se if you have questions or problems reports!

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444