[Gimle-users] Shut down of file systems /nobackup/smhid2 and /nobackup/rossby3 on 2010-12-17

Johan Raber raber at nsc.liu.se
Mon Nov 8 15:25:14 CET 2010

Dear Gimle Users,

Due to the increasing unreliability of the (very old) underlying
hardware of the file systems /nobackup/{smhid2,rossby3}, these will be
decommissioned on Friday December 17, after which they will be securely
and irrevocably *wiped* of all contents.

This gives those of you with important data in these file systems a
little over a month to move it to a safer place. We suggest not to use
the file systems up for decommissioning this spring
* /nobackup/smhid{1,3}
* /nobackup/rossby{1,2,4,5,6,7,8}
as safe places to move files to.

If you need assistance transferring files in a safe manner we will help
you as best as we can, just e-mail support.

Best regards,
Johan Raber -- NSC support

--
Johan Raber