[Gimle-users] Short outage for /nobackup/smhid8 today (~ 14-15 CET)

KentEngström kent at nsc.liu.se
Tue Nov 30 11:21:03 CET 2010

Dear Users,

There is a faulty battery/capacitor module in one of the disk
servers (oss40) providing data storage for the /nobackup/smhid8
file system. It needs to be changed sooner rather than later,
as running without cache can harm the file system performance.

The service technician is en route and we have scheduled a downtime
somewhere between 14.00 and 15.00 CET today. Hopefully, we will not
use all of that time.

During the downtime, accesses to the /nobackup/smhid8 filesystem may
hang.

We will update you when the service has been done.

Sincerely,
--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444