[Gimle-users] Intel Compilers version 12 and other new stuff

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Fri Apr 15 14:58:50 CEST 2011

Dear Gimle Users,

I know that some of you have been waiting for version 12 of the Intel
compilers, especially those of you who attented the "Intel HPC
Training @ NSC" course earlier this year.

We have now installed version 12.0.3 of icc, icpc and ifort on Gimle.
This version is also known as Intel® Composer XE 2011, with a more
detailed version number 2011.3.174. No, we do not pretend ourselves
that we understand all the finer points in the new Intel version
number scheme :-)

To get the new compilers, do:

  module add icc/12.0.3
  module add ifort/12.0.3

The corresponding version of MKL (it is included in the Composer XE
2011 bundle) is available through:

  module add mkl/10.3.3.174

A new version of Intel MPI has been installed at the same time:

  module add impi/4.0.1.007

Also, a new version of ITAC:

  module add itac/8.0.1.009

Please note that there is no separate module for the idb debugger. To
get the 12.0.3 version, load the icc and/or ifort module, unload any
loaded older idb module ("module rm idb") and then run "idbc" for
console mode or "idb" for X11 graphical mode.

We have done very limited testing of the new compilers and libraries,
and there may be surprises as always in a new major release of a
complicated collection of software. Be careful, but do start testing
the new version on your programs. If you discover regressions or other
bugs, please contact us at smhi-support at nsc.liu.se.

Sincerely,
--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444