[Gimle-users] Gimle compute nodes being rebooted

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Mon Dec 5 17:53:09 CET 2011

Dear Gimle Users,

we are currently rebooting the Gimle compute nodes to update the
operating system. The majority of the nodes are done. As usual, we will
take care of the rest as they become idle when running jobs are done.
All new jobs will get only updated nodes.

The main feature of the update is a newer Lustre client (1.8.7_wc1 +
fixes). We hope that this will fix a problem that severely affected some
Rossby jobs during the night and morning (and which seems to be the same
"getcwd() fails under some conditions, fooling the Fortran runtime to
try to open file with garbage names" that some of you might recognize
from Ekman).

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444