[Gimle-users] Accumulus storage, Gimle planned downtime March 23-24

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Wed Mar 2 14:48:07 CET 2011

Dear Gimle and Vagn users,

after talking to our contact persons at SMHI, we have scheduled a
planned downtime for the Accumulus storage and Gimle for March 23-24. We
have a list of things we need to do, including firmware upgrades, Lustre
server upgrades and some physical relocations. We will also do some
work on Gimle at the same time.

We will begin on the morning of March 23. If we are done during that
day, we will end the downtime. If not, the downtime will continue into
March 24.

Affected systems:

Gimle: No user availability and no running jobs during the downtime.

Vagn: No access to Accumulus (Lustre) filesystems during the downtime.
The Vagn /home, /nobackup/vagn1 and  /nobackup/vagn2 filesystems will
not be affected.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444