[Gimle-users] Accumulus storage, Gimle and Vagn planned downtime April 6-7

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Tue Mar 15 13:26:54 CET 2011

Dear Gimle and Vagn users,

we had reserved March 23-24 for downtime on Accumulus and Gimle.  Now,
we also need some downtime (9-11 CEST) on April 6 for electrical work.
We would like to combine the two downtimes.

After talking to our contact persons at SMHI, we have moved the planned
downtime for the Accumulus storage and Gimle to April 6-7. We have a
list of things we need to do (in addition to the electrical work),
including firmware upgrades, Lustre server upgrades and some physical
relocations. We will also do some work on Gimle at the same time.

We will begin on the morning of April 6. If we are done during that
day, we will end the downtime. If not, the downtime will continue into
April 7.

Affected systems:

Gimle: Taken down at 8 CEST on April 6. No user availability and no
running jobs during the downtime.

Vagn: Taken down at 8 CEST on April 6. Back again after lunch the same
day, with no access to Accumulus (Lustre) filesystems during the rest of
the downtime.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444