[Krypton-users] Krypton unavilable for all-node LINPACK test

Fredrik Nyström freny at nsc.liu.se
Wed Sep 19 15:49:11 CEST 2012

On 09/13/2012 17:40, Kent Engström wrote:
> kent at nsc.liu.se (Kent Engström) writes:
>> Dear Krypton Users,
>>
>> as we emailed about earlier, we have to run larger LINPACK benchmarks on
>> phase one and phase two nodes before the acceptance test period for
>> phase two is done.
>>
>> This includes an all-node LINPACK run. We thought we had time to
>> make a reservation for this, but when we review the schedule
>> we see that this is not possible.
>
> We have now run an all-node LINPACK benchmark. Unfortunately, two
> nodes had problems and need to be serviced before we can run this test
> again and hope to succeed.
>
> We have released the nodes back to you again, and made another
> reservation starting Thursday next week 13:00 (until Friday 17:00, but we
> hope we can release it earlier than that!)
>
> Please, use a correct -t argument when submitting your jobs, so they can
> run before the reservation (which is due in less than 7 days).
>
>> Again, we apologize for the inconvenience,

Unfortunately we still have problem with one node and it looks like we
won't be able to run the all-node LINPACK benchmark tomorrow.

Reservation has been moved to next week, Thursday, September, 27 13:00
(until Friday, September, 28, 17:00, but we hope we can release it
earlier than that!)

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
--
Fredrik Nyström, National Supercomputer Centre
freny at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 5718