[Krypton-users] Invitation: hands-on git intro Wed Jan 23, 9-12

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Mon Jan 14 16:57:27 CET 2013

Dear Krypton Users,

I will be doing a hands-on introduction to the git version control
system for colleagues at NSC and LiU IT on Wednesday January 23, 9-12.

We can accomodate some more persons at this session, so we would like to
invite you to attend if this is something that would be useful to you. I
know that SMHI seems to be a Subversion shop, but there might be some
people using git anwyway?

Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

We will spend 2.5-3 hours in NSC's large conference room "Jupiter" (in
house G at Campus Valla). I will show basic (and perhaps even some
not-so-basic, if the time allows) git commands, and explain relevant
background theory. You will bring laptops with git installed and test
the commands for yourselves at the same time.

I assume that you know how to use basic shell commands, and that you
understand why one would like to do version control. Knowledge of other
version control systems (RCS, CVS, Subversion, Mercurial, ...) is useful
but not necessary.

If you are interested, please send me an email. I will add you to the
list of interested persons, and will get back to you and tell you if you
got a place.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444