[Krypton-users] Krypton service stop 2014-08-26 09:00-13:00

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Tue Aug 26 09:24:18 CEST 2014

Peter Bortas <zino at nsc.liu.se> writes:
> Due to required maintenance to the electrical system in one of our
> computer rooms, we will have to shut down all Krypton compute
> nodes and the attached /nobackup/ storage for a few hours on
> August 26th.
>
> Start of downtime: 2014-08-26 09:00 CEST
> Estimated end of downtime: 2014-08-26 13:00 CEST

The downtime has begun and all the Krypton nodes are shut off.

For the time being, the login node is available and the existing
Accumulus filesystems are accessible. However:

1. If we risk running out of UPS power, we will have to power down
the Accumulus filesystem servers too with very short notice
(as we said above "shut down...attached /nobackup/ storage")

2. We need to update the login node and system server, so during the end
of the stop (somewhere between 11 and 13 CEST we think) we will have to
reboot them, which means logging out all users who are still logged in
at that time.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444