[Krypton-users] Krypton login node restarted, new /tmp filesystem

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Fri Sep 19 09:21:17 CEST 2014

Dear Krypton Users,

the CentOS update on the Krypton login node is now done and you are
welcome back on the system.

During the update, we have also created a separate /tmp filesystem on
Krypton (more space available, no risk that a full /tmp affects other
filesystems). We still ask you to allocate a node and use the scratch
filesystem ($SNIC_TMP) if you want to create/read lot of local temporary
files.

If you did have something quite-not-temporary stashed away in /tmp on
the login node, please contact us before next Friday to get it back.

Best Regards,

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444