[Krypton-users] Krypton login node restart on Friday at 8.30

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Wed Sep 17 15:56:23 CEST 2014

Dear Krypton Users,

we need to update the CentOS operating system on the Krypton compute
nodes and the login node.

After discussing with Anders Höglund and Michael Kolax, we have
scheduled:

- The login node will be updated and rebooted on Friday September 19, at
  8.30 CEST. Programs running on the login node will of course be killed
  at reboot time. Running batch jobs will not be affected. The downtime
  should be 30-60 minutes.

- The compute nodes will be updated using our normal "rolling upgrade"
  procedure, where nodes are rebooted when they become idle. Running
  jobs will not be affected.

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444