[Neolith-users] Filesystem problem, unplanned downtime

PärAndersson paran at nsc.liu.se
Mon Mar 1 23:17:53 CET 2010

Dear Neolith users,

This afternoon we began moving parts of the /nobackup/global filesystem
onto new disks. This should not cause any downtime which is why it was
not announced in advance.

Unfortunately we made a mistake that caused the filesystem servers to
hang.

Because of this Neolith is currently unavailable. Tomorrow we will run
diagnostics to determine if there is any damage to the filesystem. More
information will be sent out after this when we know more.

Regards,

Pär Andersson
NSC