[Neolith-users] Filesystem problem, unplanned downtime

PärAndersson paran at nsc.liu.se
Wed Mar 3 11:33:06 CET 2010

Dear Neolith users,

Time for some good news.

Short version:

* Neolith is expected to be available again shortly.
* The /nobackup/global filesystem is OK.
* 8 TB of disk have been added.
* Contact support at nsc.liu.se in case of problems.

Long version:

After a thorough investigation and filesystem diagnostics we believe that
the filesystem is intact and that no files have been lost. We will now
begin taking Neolith back online.

However, please contact us at support at nsc.liu.se if you notice any
remaining problems with the /nobackup/global filesystem. Especially
things like missing and/or corrupted files.

The hanged servers was likely caused by a software bug in the GPFS
version we were running. We have now upgraded to a fixed version.

Finally, during this downtime we have also added an additional 8 TB of
storage to the /nobackup/global filesystem.

Regards,

Pär Andersson
NSC