[NSC-users] Cooling problem at NSC

Pär Andersson paran at nsc.liu.se
Sat Jul 2 16:03:20 CEST 2011

Dear NSC users,

This mail mainly concerns users of the clusters Neolith, Kappa, Matter
and Gimle.

* Around 12:00 today NSC the temperature of cooling water delivered to
  NSCs machine room "Hangaren" started to increase. A cooling machine
  had failed at our district cooling provider.

* To prevent the building from overheating we started powering down idle
  compute nodes in the above mentioned clusters. No new jobs have been
  started since 13:20.

* A small number of running jobs was also killed by NSC staff, affected
  users will get a separate mail.

* The district cooling have now been repaired and the clusters will soon
  resume normal scheduling of jobs.

Regards,

Pär Andersson
NSC