[NSC-users] Cooling problems at NSC

Thomas Bellman bellman at nsc.liu.se
Sat Jul 23 01:50:11 CEST 2011

To our users at NSC:

Due to thunderstorms, we are currently having problems with
the district cooling which is used to cool our computer room.
To lighten the load, we have stopped starting new jobs on
Neolith and Gimle during the night.  However, there is still
a risk that the temperature will become too high, though.  If
that happens, all our systems will be shut down automatically.

We hope that cooling the lightening of the load will be
enough, though, and of course that the cooling will be
restored soon.

	/Thomas Bellman