[NSC-users] Major outage at NSC

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Thu Apr 6 07:14:44 CEST 2017

Due to a power outage, some NSC systems (Triolith, Gamma, Bi and Frost) are
currently offline since around 06:45 CEST. Yes, again...

As you know, there was a power outage yesterday evening. That was caused by
the local power utility's substation shut off power to parts of NSC and
Linköping, At the time the utility believed this to be caused by a faulty
sensor, and they would investigate further today. It looks like the same
thing happened again before they had a chance to fix the broken equipment.

More information will follow later via email or on
https://www.nsc.liu.se/systemstatus/

Based on yesterday's event, my best guess is that power will be restored
shortly and that our systems will be back up within an hour or two.

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>