[NSC-users] Major outage at NSC

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Thu Apr 6 21:14:33 CEST 2017

Triolith, Gamma, Bi and Frost are now back online, running on
emergency diesel power.

For Triolith and Gamma: login nodes are available now, so you can
login and access your data and submit jobs. A small number of compute
nodes (some of each type) will become available later tonight. More
nodes will be added when and if the diesel generator experts say its
safe. But we will not be able to run the full system.

Since this power feed is untested and we might need to stop the system
again, we have prevented long jobs from starting. If you want your
jobs to start, please make sure they can end before Monday morning.

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>