[NSC-users] Major outage at NSC

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Thu Apr 6 12:36:32 CEST 2017

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 9:45 AM, Mats Kronberg <kronberg at nsc.liu.se> wrote:

> Unfortunately today's problem seems harder to fix. The estimate from
> the local power utility is now "probably a few hours, maybe more".

The estimate for restoring power has now changed to "days rather than hours".

The local utility will try to provide backup power in the form of a
diesel generator that will allow us to run parts of Frost and possibly
the Triolith/Gamma login nodes and Centre Storage (/home, /proj). If
we're very lucky this might be in place later today, but tomorrow is
probably more realistic.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you...

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>