[Snic-users] Change of default module versions on Kappa, Neolith and Matter

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Thu Nov 3 15:04:20 CET 2011

Dear Neolith, Kappa and Matter users,

We have decided to make the following changes to the default versions
of several modules. The most important is probably the change of
default compiler version.

IMMEDIATE CHANGES

TotalView: The default module you get when you do "module add
totalview" is now 8.9.1-0. If you need the older module that was the
default earlier, please do "module add totalview/8.7.0-7").

ITAC: The default module you get when you do "module add itac" is now
8.0.1.009. If you need the older module that was the default earlier,
please do "module add itac/7.1").

PENDING CHANGES ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10th (2011-11-10)

Intel Compilers: The 12.1.0 version of the Intel compilers will be the
version you get when you do "module add intel". You will also get that
version if you do "module add icc", "module add ifort" or "module add
idb" (and you will be told to use "module add intel" instead).

Furthermore, the 12.1.0 version will also be the default version used
if you do not explicitly load any compiler module at all.

Intel MPI: Version 4.0.3.008 will be the default Intel MPI module you
get with a "module add impi".

Just like today, no MPI module will be loaded by default.

If you need earlier versions of the Intel compilers and/or Intel MPI,
you will have to load them explicitly, for example using "module add
ifort/11.1.069", "module add impi/4.0.1.007", etc. Use "module avail"
to see what is available.

If your application is sensitive to compiler or Intel MPI changes, we
encourage you to test "intel/12.1.0" and "impi/4.0.3.008" as soon as
possible by loading them explicitly and testing your application.

If we see serious problems with the new versions, we will cancel our
plans.  Otherwise, we will implement the change above next Thursday.

Sincerely,

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>