[Snic-users] Neolith/Kappa/Matter: possible slow performance and/or unscheduled stop during weekend

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Fri Nov 18 16:24:15 CET 2011

Dear Neolith, Kappa and Matter users,

Due to a file system problem on the /home file system disk performance
can from time to time be very low.

We have seen no signs of files being damaged, but if you see anything
unusual (corrupted files, missing files etc) except for slow
performance, please report this to support at nsc.liu.se immediately.

If the situation deteriorates further we might be forced to stop all
jobs and shut down the clusters later today, during the weekend or on
Monday to be able to fix the underlying problem. But if at all
possible we will try to avoid this and instead try to make repairs
during the scheduled service stop on Tuesday.

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>