[Snic-users] Neolith/Kappa/Matter: possible slow performance and/or unscheduled stop during weekend

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Tue Nov 22 18:12:54 CET 2011

Dear Neolith, Kappa and Matter users,

Good news: The planned part of todays service stop (changes to
/nobackup/global and various minor updates) has gone well.

Bad news: the unscheduled repair of the /home file system has not gone
well. Due to this we have decided not to start the systems again until
tomorrow morning at the earliest.

We are waiting for the file system vendor to let us know if and how the
file system can be repaired or if we will have to restore a backup copy.

As far as we can tell, only small parts (~150 files out of 14 million) of
the /home file system are affected, and most of those files should be
possible to restore from backup.

We will let you know more as soon as possible.

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>