[Snic-users] Triolith, Kappa and Matter unavailable on December 16th from 08:00

Pär Lindfors paran at nsc.liu.se
Mon Dec 16 16:55:39 CET 2013

Dear Triolith, Kappa and Matter users,

Mats Kronberg <kronberg at nsc.liu.se> writes:
> On Monday December 16th, Triolith, Kappa and Matter will be completely
> unavailable to users from 08:00 CET. If all goes well the systems will
> be available again after a few hours.

The scheduled downtime is now over.

The login nodes are available.

Triolith have started running user jobs.

Kappa and Matter will begin running jobs shortly. Their compute nodes
are currently being restarted to apply a few minor software updates.

> This stop is due to a firmware upgrade on NSC's Centre Storage (the
> shared /home and /nobackup/global file systems) that cannot be done
> while the systems are running.
>
> The upgrade has been recommended by our hardware vendor to reduce the
> risk of an unplanned outage of the type that happened on November
> 23rd.

The recommended firmware updates were applied successfully.

Kind regards,
Pär Lindfors, NSC