[Snic-users] Important: /nobackup/global at NSC no longer writable!

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Mon Dec 1 16:56:52 CET 2014

Dear Triolith, Kappa and Matter users,

We have just taken the next step in retiring our old storage system.

As previously announced (e.g in
https://lists.nsc.liu.se/mailman/public/snic-users/2014-October/000043.html),
it is no longer possible to write more data to /nobackup/global.

To facilitate moving data to /proj, it will still be possible to read
files, delete files and create symbolic links until January 1st, 2015.

Please note that data on /nobackup/global will be removed shortly
after January 1st, 2015 (as soon as we're back at work), so you should
make sure you save any files from /nobackup/global that you want to
keep well before then!

Exception: After looking at currently running and queued jobs, we have
identified some users (30 out of 800) who are still actively using
/nobackup/global. To prevent at least the running jobs for these users
from failing we have decided to give these users an extra week of
writable /nobackup/global. /nobackup/global will remain writable for
these users until next Monday, December 8th.

You can check if you are one of these users by running the "snicquota"
command. If the "Quota report for your /nobackup/global directory"
section does NOT show "0.0" for "Quota (GiB)" and "Hard limit (GiB)",
you may continue writing to /nobackup/global until next Monday. Please
make sure that you change any queued jobs and don't submit new jobs
using /nobackup/global, as these will fail if they have not completed
by next Monday.

If you have any questions regarding this or need help in finding why
your jobs still use /nobackup/global, please email support at nsc.liu.se.

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>