[Snic-users] Important information regarding storage at NSC

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Tue Jan 27 15:53:35 CET 2015

Dear Triolith, Kappa and Matter users,

As most of you probably know, we have now retired the /nobackup/global
file system.

FINAL WARNING: If you have not yet copied/moved your data from
/nobackup/global, you MUST get in touch with us as soon as possible if
you want to save your data!

You can still see a /nobackup/global directory on our systems, but
that is just a directory filled with all symbolic links that were on
the old file system - all data has been removed from there.

We will try to keep an archive copy of your /nobackup/global data
available until December 31st, 2015. However, if we run out of disk
space before then, those files will be deleted. This is the same
policy as we apply to e.g the home directory of a closed account - if
possible we will try to keep the data for a year, but then it is
deleted.

I would also like to take this opportunity to inform everyone that
there is plenty of disk space available in the new storage system.

If your project suffers from lack of disk space, please ask the
project PI to apply for more. This is a very simple process, read
https://www.nsc.liu.se/storage/snic-centrestorage/cs2014-allocations/
for more information.

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>