[Snic-users] Triolith and Gamma down

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Wed Jul 4 19:55:21 CEST 2018

Dear Triolith and Gamma users,

Triolith and Gamma are now available.

As far as we can tell, no data on the storage system was damaged. If
you see anything strange, don't hesitate to tell us.

All jobs that were running at 20:45 yesterday failed. You should
review the output from all such jobs, and if necessary, re-submit
them.

The cause of today's outage seems to have been a single cable fault in
the storage system that managed to effectively kill the entire system,
despite that not supposed to be possible. We will work with the
storage vendor to figure out why this happened and try to make sure it
does not happen again.

NSC apologizes for the inconvenience.

//Mats