[Triolith-users] Partial Triolith downtime on Thursday

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Tue Nov 13 19:55:03 CET 2012

Dear Triolith users,

On Thursday 2012-11-15 between 10:00 CET and 20:00 CET we have
reserved 1024 of the Triolith compute nodes for a scaling test.

The remaining 176 nodes (including all the fat nodes) will be
available for normal jobs, as well as the login nodes.

Such a large reservation works very similar to a full service stop -
almost no jobs that have requested a longer wall time than the time
remaining until the service stop will be started. If you need your
jobs to start before Thursday evening, make sure you choose a wall
time limit shorter than the time remaining until Thursday 10:00.

Background:

The test is the last one in a series that began during the Triolith
acceptance test. As some of you might remember, we asked (in an email
to all then active Triolith users and also in our newsletter NSC
Express) for projects that were interested in testing their codes in
very wide (many nodes) jobs. We received only two requests, and they
were both granted time during the phase 2 test period. This particular
test required too many nodes to fit into Triolith phase 2 (960 nodes),
so we had to delay it until the whole system (1200 nodes) was ready.

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>