[Triolith-users] Short service stop of Triolith on Friday at 12:00

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Fri Oct 12 11:18:50 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Mats Kronberg <kronberg at nsc.liu.se> wrote:
> We will also reboot the login node during this service stop. This will
> take 5-15 minutes, but apart from that time, the login node will be
> available on Friday, so you can still access your data and submit
> jobs.

Perhaps this is a good time to announce that Triolith actually has two
login nodes, and that the second one is now ready for use.

They are identical (128GB RAM and 16 CPU cores of the same type as the
compute nodes).

The first one can be reached at the addresses triolith.nsc.liu.se and
triolith1.nsc.liu.se. The second one can be reached at
triolith2.nsc.liu.se.

The second login node has already been updated and restarted, so if
you want to continue working undisturbed on a login node during
today's service stop, you can choose to login to triolith2 instead.

During future upgrades, we will try to always upgrade the login nodes
one at a time, to ensure that one of them is always available. You can
also try the second login node if the first should fail (e.g due to a
hardware failure or running out of memory).

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>