[Triolith-users] Triolith service stop on Tuesday from 15:00

Mats Kronberg kronberg at nsc.liu.se
Fri Oct 19 17:31:31 CEST 2012

Dear Triolith users,

On Tuesday afternoon (2012-10-23) from 15:00 CEST all Triolith compute
nodes will be unavailable in order to run an acceptance test of the
entire Triolith system. We will try to make the stop as short as
possible, but it will probably run until the next morning.

Until then, only jobs that can finish before Tuesday 15:00 will be
started. If you want jobs to run before that time, make sure that you
adjust the wall time limit accordingly.

No running jobs will be affected. Queued jobs will remain in the queue
until the stop is over. During the stop, you can still access your
files from the login nodes and submit new jobs to the queue.

Details:

According to the Triolith delivery contract, this test must be
performed as soon as all Triolith compute nodes are in working order.
This test cannot be performed before all nodes are in working order.
This is the reason why we could not give you more warning of this
test.

We have spent the last three weeks installing, testing and repairing
the nodes in phase 2 of Triolith, and now they are finally getting to
a state where we think that the system might survive a full system
test (in this case, running LINPACK on all nodes). If Triolith does
not pass this test, we will need to re-run it at a later date.

This also means that we are making good progress on the installation
and testing of the Triolith phase 2 nodes. We are working hard to make
those additional 960 nodes available to our users as soon as possible.

Note to participants in the NSC "Intel VTune Amplifier XE and
Inspector XE" course. Your lab session on Tuesday is not affected. The
nodes reserved for that lab will not be taken offline for testing
until the lab is either finished or the session ends at 18:00.

If you have any questions regarding this service stop, please contact
support at nsc.liu.se.

--
Mats Kronberg, NSC Support <support at nsc.liu.se>