[Vagnekman-users] Filesystem /nobackup/vagn1 on Vagn is full

Johan Raber raber at nsc.liu.se
Wed Nov 4 11:10:46 CET 2009

Dear users,

The filesystem /nobackup/vagn1 on Vagn is completely full. To make matters
worse the delivery of new disks has been delayed and they will not be
operational until sometime in December.

Partly to counter this we have made other disk resources available for
SMHI and MISU users, mounted under /nobackup, namely;
rossby[9,10,13,14],misu2,fouo1 and smhid[4,6,7]. Resources familiar from
Gimle, Tornado and Dunder I assume.

To ameliorate the situation for MECH users in the interim until new disks
arrive, please consider using the above filesystems if you already have or
can get access to them, rather than vagn1. Obviously, if you can clean
stuff out, that will go some way to help the situation as well and is
highly appreciated.

Ultimately, it is of course our responsibility at NSC to fix this and a
more permanent solution will be in place during the spring when a large
order for storage will be made. Until then a smaller storage space addition
will come during December, as mentioned.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Best regards,
Johan Raber -- NSC support