[Vagnekman-users] The file system issues on Vagn

Johan Raber raber at nsc.liu.se
Mon Nov 9 16:36:56 CET 2009

The following has nothing to do with Ekman.

Dear Vagn users,

Probably by now you have figured that the filesystem problems experienced
on Vagn past Wednesday (4/11) are of a serious nature. The issue is caused
by corruption on the block level of two of the devices which constitutes
/nobackup/vagn1.

To have a reasonable chance to fix this we will want to involve the makers
of the filesystem software in question, IBM, and a support case have been
opened with them concerning our problem.

We have as yet not been able to exactly determine the extent of the damage
caused but must assume that it is substantial.

Considering the large amount of data we will make every effort to rescue as
much of it as possible, going the extra mile to do so. Consequently you
will not have access to the system until sometime next week at the earliest.

We will keep you updated on how things progress.

Best regards,
NSC support