[Berzelius-users] Resolved: Problems creating files on Berzelius shared storage

Henrik Henriksson hx at nsc.liu.se
Tue Apr 4 11:27:16 CEST 2023

Berzelius has been returned to normal operation and the filesystem
issues have been resolved.

One of the Lustre metadata targets got full, which prevented creating
new files. We have rebalanced the metadata across our storage, which
resolves the situation.

Please double check output from jobs that ran during the outage
yesterday. We expect that most software would either crash completely or
complete successfully, but this may not be true for all jobs.

While our rebalancing operations did not affect data from currently
active projects, some data from expired projects was moved and made
inaccessible. If you are depending on data from such an expired project,
please contact us so we can make it available for you to transfer to an
active project.

We apologize for the disruption.

--
Henrik Henriksson