[Bi-users] Moving the Bi fat nodes to CentOS 7

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Tue Oct 13 13:30:58 CEST 2020

Dear Bi Users,

the migration of Bi to CentOS 7 goes on. For earlier emails with
background information, please see

https://lists.nsc.liu.se/mailman/public/bi-users/2020-July/000287.html
https://lists.nsc.liu.se/mailman/public/bi-users/2020-September/000292.html
https://lists.nsc.liu.se/mailman/public/bi-users/2020-October/000294.html

As part of the migration, we plan upgrade the "fat" nodes that have more
memory (n[629-641]) from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7 and the new environment,
starting next week (as the nodes become idle).

That also means they will then be available from the bi2/bi3 login nodes
instead of from the bi1 login node, for the time being.

NOTE: If you need access to a CentOS 6 fat node after next Monday
(2020-10-19), please send an email to smhi-support at nsc.liu.se at once so
we can discuss if and how we can accommodate that.

Best Regards,

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444