[Bi-users] Moving the Bi fat nodes to CentOS 7

Kent Engström kent at nsc.liu.se
Mon Oct 26 17:36:43 CET 2020

Kent Engström <kent at nsc.liu.se> writes:
> Dear Bi Users,
>
> the migration of Bi to CentOS 7 goes on. For earlier emails with
> background information, please see
>
> https://lists.nsc.liu.se/mailman/public/bi-users/2020-July/000287.html
> https://lists.nsc.liu.se/mailman/public/bi-users/2020-September/000292.html
> https://lists.nsc.liu.se/mailman/public/bi-users/2020-October/000294.html
>
> As part of the migration, we plan upgrade the "fat" nodes that have more
> memory (n[629-641]) from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7 and the new environment,
> starting next week (as the nodes become idle).

Most fat nodes have now been moved to CentOS 7. You get access to them
from bi2/bi3 using the same options as before. You do not get access to
them from bi1.

> NOTE: If you need access to a CentOS 6 fat node after next Monday
> (2020-10-19), please send an email to smhi-support at nsc.liu.se at once so
> we can discuss if and how we can accommodate that.

A single user responded and can still access a CentOS 6 fat node from
bi1 for the time being, following the instructions we sent.

If you missed this move and you too need access to a CentOS 6 fat node
for a few days/weeks, please email smhi-support at nsc.liu.se. Please tell
us why, and tell us about your plans for migrating that to CentoS 7.

Best Regards,

--
Kent Engström, National Supercomputer Centre
kent at nsc.liu.se, +46 13 28 4444